Thursday, April 06, 2006

a B.I.T. of GOMEZ

BEN, IAN & TOM (B.I.T.) of GOMEZ were recently in town on a promotional tour for their incredible new CD 'HOW WE OPERATE' which comes out on PEARL JAM DAY, or as most of you may call it May 2nd. This was the 3rd time i've been able to hang out with the guys, my memories of the 1st time are a bit hazy but i do recall hanging out backstage at the showbox smoking something and singing LIONEL RICHIE songs with the band until 2 am or so. the 2nd time was after they performed at our QUEEN ANNE store in '04, we ended up playing basketball outside of the store...anyway, i wasn't too sure about the new album at first, but after listening to it for the past month it has really grown on me. some of my favorite songs on it are:
*HOW WE OPERATE

*NOTICE
*GIRLSHAPEDLOVEDRUG
*TEAR YOUR LOVE APART
*SEE THE WORLD

i love everything GOMEZ has done over the past 8 years, and i would say this album is right up there with my favorite 'BRING IT ON'. if you're not familiar with the band PLEASE check them out, some of my favorite songs are:
*FREE TO RUN
*IN OUR GUN
*SILENCE
*LOVE IS BETTER THAN A WARM TROMBONE
*DETROIT SWING 66

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like their 1st and 2nd cd's, haven't heard anything since. I'll have to check them out.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home